Sunday, October 31, 2010

Champions - Charlotte, NC

My friend and I visited this restaurant on our way to see the Carolina Panthers play on Sunday. Our plan was to grab a quick bite to eat at this diner themed restaurant before walking the short distance to the stadium. Unfortunately we missed to first 10 minutes of the game due to very slow service of this establishment.

When we arrived there was a sign that said to seat ourselves which we did in a booth right by the window. There was not a server in sight and it took ten minutes for one to come over and take our drinks order. Another ten minutes before they arrived and we could order our food.

The menu consists of standard American dishes, burgers, sandwiches, nachos etc. I ordered the turkey club sandwich and my friend ordered the chicken wrap. The food was slow to come out (I think you see a pattern here) and when it did come out they were huge portions. My turkey club consisted of 6-stacked sandwiches with fries. The fries were seasoned really well and were delicious. The sandwich was OK, not great and was so big I couldn’t even finish two of the portions.

The meals were not cheap as one would expect from a diner but for the location it was probably standard. The poor service meant we were running to the game, not good when you are full and as said before the missing of the first part of the game.

I would give it 3 out of 5 due to poor service and ok food.

No comments:

Post a Comment